Old Today, 02:20 AM
1200SportsterRider

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

As my Dad was fond of saying, "this thing is as handy as a shirt pocket."
Old Today, 03:39 AM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, although for his generation, a pocket without a protector would likely get you thrown out of the "Smart Kids" class. Man, showing my age here.........

Even though grew up with mechanical versions that used many times a day, have one of these digitals down in the build room, one up here in my office and another in my tool box at work. A lot easier to read quickly. Just need to ensure accuracy as a few Pac Rim models are notoriously bad. Also, some eat batteries more than others, even when "OFF" in their cases.

Been a while since on this thread and some interesting info. Started off with the post on the plug and it brought up what I read recently on a CD given to me on how to fix a few faults on Quadra gas engines and how some of it could apply to pretty well all makes.

One in particular is a quick mod to the plug to improve spark and starting. That and an RMJ ring are intended for the DLE 30 that would replace the S150 if found to not have enough power. Really want to avoid that since much prefer the Saitos. Another consideration since nitro fuel is more difficult to get now and why I had been reading up on ignitions is to mod the 150 for nitro ignition to try and reduce consumption.

And again, for some reason cannot upload pics........
Old Today, 04:44 AM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 1200SportsterRider
As my Dad was fond of saying, "this thing is as handy as a shirt pocket."
Yessir,

Very handy, We keep them around everyhere.

Fifty plus years in the trade and some tools begin to multiply. There was one place I worked however that would not allow measurements from the rotating dial calipers. They preferred we use linear vernier type calipers.
Old Today, 09:11 AM
Glowgeek

Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar429

One in particular is a quick mod to the plug to improve spark and starting. That and an RMJ ring are intended for the DLE 30 that would replace the S150 if found to not have enough power. Really want to avoid that since much prefer the Saitos. Another consideration since nitro fuel is more difficult to get now and why I had been reading up on ignitions is to mod the 150 for nitro ignition to try and reduce consumption.

And again, for some reason cannot upload pics........
A Saito 180 would get you close to a DLE 30. The Saito 220 a little better than a DLE30.
Old Today, 12:33 PM
Jesse Open

The Saito 180 with CDI and methanol fuel would be close to the power of a glow Saito 220.
Old Today, 01:21 PM
Glowgeek

Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
The Saito 180 with CDI and methanol fuel would be close to the power of a glow Saito 220.
My 220 spins a 20x6 very close to the same rpm that my 180's can spin an 18x6W. The CDI will add approx 300 rpm to the top end of either engine however CDI won't really get the 180 close to the hp of a 220 on glow. At least not in my experience. The 220 is a beastly thing at 36cc. Just my thoughts.
Old Today, 04:14 PM
Jesse Open

Okay

The pair here were within 300 to 400 RPM.
Not close at all.

Last edited by Jesse Open; Today at 04:17 PM.